PODCASTS FOR PLACES
– SALT LAKE COUNTY
Audio is used to inspire the listener as they head toward Utah destinations.
Do not listen if these distract from your driving!!!!
Ways to listen:
These audios are best accessed via the Audiomack app – see the playlists below. Often these field visits take explorers off the grid and outside cellular service. Soundcloud allows you to download the audio files OR simply enable offline listening (i.e., tracks can be played on your device without a cell or internet connection).
Alphabetical List of Podcasts for Places in Salt Lake County:
- Warm Springs Park
ALERT! If all you want to do is listen to the file at home on your computer or if you have cell service at the site, click on the file window below and it will start to play. It is being streamed from the Audiomack site.
If you won’t have cell service (i.e., want to listen while you’re at the site), you must download them first. Here’s how!
- Download the App: For an iPhone, go to iTunes and download the Audiomack app here. For Android phones, go to Google Apps here. Install the *free* app on your phone.
- Create an Account: Create an account with Audiomack – there’s no fee to do this.
- Find Earth Science Outside Utah Account on Audiomack: From the main Audiomack app screen on your phone, click on the search tool button and enter “Earth Science Outside Utah.” The ESE account should auto-populate as you do this. Select the account.
- Find the Right Playlist: Select the “Playlists” tab on the top. Find the playlist that contains the site visit that you’re interested in and click on it. You’ll see all the playlist tracks. Select the first track to listen to the podcast.
- Download! To download individual tracks for listening out in the field FOR FREE, select the “down arrow” button (that means “Download”) right next to the track name. Ignore the ads. If you really want to download entire playlists, that requires a paid account.
- Congratulations! Look for the little orange check-mark to listen.
Warm Springs Park Podcast
Warm Springs Park is messy. Here’s a podcast that walks you to five pieces of evidence. Remember it’s all about patterns and curiosity. If you teach answers, you’ll discourage your students. Embrace uncertainty!
This podcast supplements the ESE Geology of Utah Places – Warm Springs Loop webpage.
Click below and begin your walk toward those odd, big, grey boulders on the north side of the parking lot of the former Wasatch Plunge swimming facility. Note, it may be renovated!